Friendly Hearts Disability Services
My name is Simon Belous and both myself and my wife Peta are founders and directors of Friendly
Hearts Disability Services here on the Gold Coast. We have been operating for approximately 2 years
and have over 25 years collective experience working within the disabilities/special needs fields.
Our organization is primarily set up in the suburb of Helensvale and we provide many differing programs to
our 25 younger and older physically and intellectually impaired clientele.
These include –
• Animal therapy
• Daily living skills
• 4 annual camps per year
• Swimming/Water safety
Recently we acquired a 10 bedroom retreat situated just outside of the beautiful surrounds of Ipswich.
This property is on 10 acres and is perfect for any client to visit /stay at whilst their families are needing
a break themselves or possibly have a holiday planned.
This retreat will provide clients/clients and there carers the opportunity to –
• Help/assist in the growing of fresh fruit, vegetables and herbs • Walk amongst, pat and relax around
the animals that both myself and Peta will rescue and acquire ( horses, goats, chickens, cows )
• Practice cooking skills
• Improve fitness levels by walking our 10 acre retreat
• Relax, unwind and admire the beautiful and serene surrounds
Much of our current savings have gone into the acquisition of this property and both myself and Peta at Friendly Hearts Disability Services are
asking local businesses/individuals/sole traders for such things as
• New or used furnishings - beds, side tables, lounges
• Gift vouchers from places including K-mart, Target, Bunnings, Amart Furniture, Harvey Norman
• Kitchen cutlery, mugs, cups, utensils
• Animal produce – feed, hay Any assistance from any business large or small is and will be most greatly
We at Friendly Hearts Disability Services have a vision for all physically and intellectually impaired
clientele that we hope can greatly foster there organic development albeit amongst animals, gardens,
nature in a beautiful country setting. The flow on effect is this retreat can and will benefit all by coming
here physically, mentally, emotionally and socially. Your help and assistance again is so greatly
Please don’t hesitate to contact us Simon and Peta Belous Friendly Hearts Disability Services